Before you go ahead...
Please be aware that v6 is still been developed, as such there are some features currently available in v5 that will be missing after you update.
We are working to move many of these tools over, but you may want to hold off for a while, if your site is totally reliant on any of the following…
Things that will be missing
- Forms – coming soon (or you can use the Wufoo widget)
- Blog – coming soon. Your page will still be there but the content will not be displayed. We are not deleting the content and hope to reinstate it once the blog feature is launched in v6
- Image effects – you can replace them with a static image
- Membership – though Site Admin restrictions to pages or site will still be available
- Slide show
- Crop tools
- Juke Box
- One track
- Chat widget
- Social bookmarks
- Google Adsense
Things that may look different
- Menu and shop categories: these have been replaced with default menus
- Blank spaces where unsupported elements, such as forms, once were
- Special effects like bevels, shadows etc…
Still not sure?
Well, you can preview a site in v6 before actually converting. To do that:
Login to your site, and click the ‘Migrate to Version 6’ button.
You’ll then see the first panel of the preview. Please take note of the information, and click ‘Continue’ to proceed with the preview.
Next, you get another chance to review the differences between v5 and v6.
…Again, double check that there isn’t an essential element in your v5 site that relies upon anything on the list.
Then click ‘Preview my site’.
And, there you go. Your site in v6.
If you decide that you don't want actually switch right now, you can snap back to v5 by clicking the 'Keep Version 5' button.
However, if you do feel like your ready, click 'Proceed to migration' on the right hand side.
Important: This is a one way process, so please be sure.
Oh, and if you'd just like a bit more info about the process before making a decision, you can learn more through the links below...