Steven Feb 27 • Moonfruit news / Known issues [OPEN]
The Moonfruit phone service is due to go offline on Wednesday 4th March at 12pm (GMT) while we move to our new home. The interruption will affect both the billing and support lines.
We expect the disruption to the phone service to continue until Monday 9th March at 9:30am (GMT).
During this period we encourage customers to raise a support ticket for any billing or support queries. You can do this from your support dashboard. If you are using a free account and have a domain payment query please use our contact form.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to supporting you from our new location.
Francoise Feb 16 • Moonfruit news / Known issues [RESOLVED]
16/02/2015, 13:00 GMT: Our datacentre providers have informed us that the issue has been resolved and service should now be stable (the fix was in place at 11:41 GMT).
Service Outage 01:33 GMT 16 Feb 2015
Due to a failure of our datacentre supplier's network Sitemaker is currently unreachable. Customers will experience connection timeouts or the error message "504 Gateway Timeout". This outage affects both site leaders editing their sites and visitors browsing them.
We have been informed that an engineer is en route to replace the failed equipment and will post updates as soon as we are made aware of them.
Steven October 30, 2014 • Moonfruit news / Announcements
This release will include the addition of the following functionality:
The software update is now live, you may need to log out of your account then back in to see the changes.
Please note: you must update your shop for your customers to be able to use promo codes. You can update you shop using these steps:
Amita October 30, 2014 • FAQs / ShopBuilder
Just in time for Christmas, we are introducing promo codes to the Moonfruit shop. Promo code implementation in the shop allows you to provide broad discounts to your site visitors or to run specific promotions for loyal customers.
What kind of codes can I add?
Add promo codes/coupons to your shop is as easy as…
1. Login to your Moonfruit site editor and click on ‘Shop’ > ‘Settings’. On the left hand side you will see an option that says ‘Promo Codes’. Select this. Click on ‘Add Promo Code’.
2. In this area you’ll give your promo code a name. It will appear as a description in the checkout process. So, for example, if you are running a winter sale for 10% off, you might want to call it ‘Winter Sale.’ You will also have to create an actual promo code. We’re using ‘WIN10’ for example purposes (if it is an offer for specific customers you may want to make these a little more complicated).
3. After this, you can select the type of discount you wish to offer. There are three types available: percentage, fixed amount, or free shipping. You can also enter a minimum spend if you wish. If you choose to use this function, promo codes will only be valid once the basket has reached the minimum value.
4. You’re almost there – click ‘Create’ and your promo code will be saved. Promo codes are active by default. If you wish to deactivate a promo code until you are ready to run a campaign, you can disable it by unticking ‘enabled’.
5. If you log out of your site and open the ‘Shop’ page, you should now see a promo code field under your product list on the ‘Shopping cart’ page.
6. If you don’t see this, you may have to update the shopping cart template. To do this, select the shopping cart template on the ‘Shop’ page (you will need to log back into the Moonfruit editor to do this). Then click the ‘Update’ tab in the floating editor panel. Now select ‘Update template’. You should now see the promo code field in your shop design.
How do users use promo codes?
It’s simple. You’ll first need to share the active promo code that you’ve created. You can do this by emailing customers, advertising it on your homepage as a limited time offer, using social channels to communicate or even direct mail. Once a customer has your promo code, they will have to enter it into the promo code field when they are ready to check out. They can then hit ‘Apply’ and the discount should appear just above the total. Customers can then checkout as they normally would.
Please note that promo codes work on desktop view only. If you have mobile-optimised your website, the promo code field will not appear on mobiles. It’s also not possible to use promo codes in Facebook shops at this time.